How to Make J.CO Donuts and Potato Doughnuts ~ Donuts , as we know them, are made from fried dough. Lots of variations, shapes, sizes and flavors of donuts. What is your favorite type of donut? How do you make fried donuts?
The most popular and common donut is the type of donut with a hole in the center. Although this classic type of donut has many different flavors with different topings, the most common taste and toping for Indonesians is topping chocolate and snow sugar meses.
Many children are interested in a hole in the center of a donut? Why is there a hole? What for? There are several theories about the history behind the origin of the hole in the donut. The most popular story is an American sailor, Hanson Gregory, who created a donut hole in 1847 while boarding a trading ship. At that time, he was only 16 years old.
As the story progressed, Gregory did not like the dough served on the ship. Even though the exterior is crispy, the inside is still immature. He then proposed how to make soft donuts and expand by making a hole in the middle of the dough, so that when the outside of the dough is cooked, the inside is also cooked. Experts believe that reason makes sense.
When the mixture is fried, the outside will ripen quickly. To further ripen the inside of the dough, the mixture must be longer in the oil which then leads to the browned outside.
After a historical explanation of why there is a hole in the middle of a donut, are you now hungry? You can go to the nearest cake shop . Invite your friends to go together. If you want to feel a new challenge in your kitchen, you can make home-made donuts which of course have the taste of a 5 star cake shop.
Instead of buying, you can try making donuts yourself. Make your own donuts that have the taste of a famous pastry shop. Take the example of the JCO donut. JCO Donuts and Coffee is a restaurant that not only sells coffee and yogurt, but also donuts. JCO is better known as donuts.
Before JCO and various types of restaurants engaged in the same field entered Indonesia, in fact we already had various kinds of donut recipes that were just as delicious. But of course the texture and taste are different from the original Indonesian donuts, such as potato donuts . Instead of making more long talk about how to make donuts, both authentic Indonesian donut recipes and how to make soft and simple potato donuts at home or how to make JCO donuts.
Prepare yourself in a small adventure after this.
How to make potato donuts
Recipe for potato donuts
- Kg flour
- Steamed and mashed potatoes as much as 200 grams
- Sugar 4 tbsp
- Butter 3 tbsp
- Instant yeast 11 g
- 200 cc water best travel blogs
- powdered milk 3 tbsp
- Sweetened condensed milk 3 tbsp
- Salt 2 tsp
- 2 eggs
How to make :
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl until foamy, add salt, granulated sugar, flour and butter. Mix well.
- Pour the mashed potatoes
- Add the yeast to the water and stir until it dissolves, then put the yeast water in the mixture.
- Gently knead the mixture until smooth.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth . Let the mixture stand for 1 hour to expand.
- After 1 hour has passed, you can start heating the cooking oil.
- Begin to form the dough into a donut shape, don’t forget to give a hole in the middle.
- Add the mixture that has been formed into the frying pan. In order not to burn easily, use a small fire. Wait until the donut mixture has turned brown. Then lift and let cool.
- After the donut is cold, spread the donut with butter.
- You can give toping donuts with meses, cheese, sugar, or whatever you want.
Well, how does it taste good right? Are you satisfied with your results? Are you tired? Finally you know how to make potato donuts. Not only how to make donuts that are tasty and fluffy, after this there will be a recipe for making JCO donuts.
Actually what distinguishes JCO donuts from other donuts? Apparently behind the pleasure, there is a special flour that is used so that the results are softer and softer. The flour used is komachi flour or Japanese flour. Indeed, the price is more expensive than the flour we usually use. Besides being expensive, komachi flour is hard to come by.
As a substitute for komachi flour, you can use good quality flour containing high protein content. Do not use low quality wheat flour, the results will be hard and hard. The flour must also be sifted until it is clean of any dirt that may be present.
Apart from using different flour, the way to make JCO donuts is a little different. The difference is that later the material we use is divided into two parts which will later be mixed. Immediately, we present how to make donuts, JCO flavors.
How to make JCO donuts
- Commachi flour or high protein flour 22 g
- Tsp / pinch salt
- Instant yeast 7 g
- 150 ml of clean water
- Second material:
- Komachi flour or high protein flour 50 g
- Egg grains, shake until foamy
- Full cream milk powder 15 g
- Granulated sugar 30 g
- White butter 30 g
How to make :
- Sift the first and second flour until it is completely smooth and free of dirt.
- Add the first ingredients (komachi flour or high protein flour, yeast and salt) to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add water to the first mixture of ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and let it sit for 90 minutes to perfectly expand.
- Add the second ingredient (komachi flour or high protein flour, eggs, powdered milk, granulated sugar, and white butter) into the first mixing bowl. Stir until smooth or knead by hand until smooth and elastic.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and let it sit for 15 minutes to perfectly expand.
- Begin to form the dough into a donut shape, don’t forget to give a hole in the middle. If you want a neater result, you can use donut mold.
- Repeat until all the dough is formed and leave it back for 10 minutes.
- You can start heating cooking oil.
- Add the mixture to the oil. During the frying process, use chopsticks to rotate the donut so that the middle hole is fully formed.
Finally, there are two donut recipes that you can enjoy at home. It turns out that how to make donuts yourself is quite easy, isn’t it? On this occasion, it’s not only the way we make donuts that we teach. If you want a more diverse topic, you can try the recipe below to make the donut toping more varied.